Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Birthday, Siri!

Today marks the 32nd birthday of my sister, Siri. My other sisters have left very cute messages on their blogs for her... mine won't be cute, but I wanted to take a second to tell her how much she means to me. Siri has always been my other mom. She has spent plenty of time taking care of me. I don't know how I would have made it through BYU without her. We've always had a special bond- probably from being the two of our ten siblings who have always been, and continue to be, away from home. When I feel lousy on a holiday or special occasion because I'm not at home with the family, I somehow always take comfort in the fact that she isn't there either. It truly has created something special between us. Siri is amazing- she has strength and courage beyond what "normal" people have. She may not see it, but I do. Siri is good at whatever she wants to be good at. If she decides she's going to do it, she does. I admire that so much. She is an amazing wife, mother, and aunt. My girls adore her and I love that. They get so excited when I tell them we are going to visit or that she is coming down to see us. I couldn't ask for a better sister or friend. Happy Birthday, Siri! I love you!

3 comments:

Honor said...

you're a nice sister. Siri is great, isn't she? (and lucky for us ... older than we are!)

Judie and George said...

And I never worried much because I knew you two were together and you would take care of each other. Truly, Cori, you have a lot of strength of your own. Being younger hasn't slowed you down much.

Anonymous said...

It's Siri's bithday? no way!