Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Oh, Alexa!

Alexa has had a busy month... so far. We finished her Kindergarten shots last week. She did great. She didn't flinch or say anything. When it was all over she looked at me and said, "Did I say ow?" When I told her she hadn't, she looked at me and said, "Ow." That was it. Funny little girl.
Today she went to the dentist. I am sad to report she is no longer in the No Cavities Club. It was a total fluke, though. The dentist said she had amazing teeth everything is perfect... except for this one crazy molar that has horrible enamel. Weird. Dr. Brown said it was weird too. So, the day after we get back from Seattle she gets to go in and have some work done. I don't think she fully comprehends what that entails. I'm not about to clue her in. Friday she is having her birthday party of sorts. We are taking her and three friends to see Horton Hears a Who and then out to dinner. So much easier than a party and she is thrilled. Sunday she will be five. I can hardly believe it. Next week we have Kindergarten registration. I'm not sure who is more excited- me or her. She is more than ready for it and I am ready to have her go. (Now, that doesn't mean that I don't love her... she just needs to go.) She is wise beyond her years and, as much as her constant backtalking and chatter drives me INSANE, she does make me laugh with the stuff she says. This was a conversation we had last week:
Lex: M-O-M (yes, she spells my name out to me now. I am no longer mom), do you have something I can read on my bed?
Mom: What do you want to read?
Lex: I don't know- like a fashion magazine or something?
Mom: Well, I have a parenting magazine. Will that work?
Lex: No, it's not the same at all.
And then she turned and walked away from me. OK, do you know any four year olds who care about fashion?! So, then today she goes out to get the mail with Andrew, comes running back in with something that looked like a magazine and said, "Look M-O-M, I think it's kind of like a fashion magazine!" It was the new Target magazine, that I suppose could be seen as a fashion magazine. There were clothes and makeup and jewelry in it... I hope it made her happy.
I love her to death. She is such a huge help with the other girls- even when she doesn't want to be. And even though she takes pleasure in pushing my buttons as hard as she knows how, I'm pretty sure she loves me too.

9 comments:

emily :) said...

Cori, that is truly hilarious!! LOL!!! Megan and I both are laughing!! Are you sure she's only turning 5 and not 15!?? :) We are so excited to see you girls next month!

Wren/Karen said...

C-O-R-I
I also laughed pretty hard. What a funny girl. I love it. Love you too.

Honor said...

oh, your sweet girl. she is just so funny and so sassy and so precocious. i love her ... you guys make me smile! (thanks for coming home, in advance)

Coordination Queen said...

She is hilarious. I think her and Kylie would get along fabulously.

Judie and George said...

Very funny, and yes, a LOL moment for sure. Thank goodness it was a Traget catalog and not something far more expensive. She will eventually learn the difference and opt for quality no doubt. My mother always said I could look at two dressed and pick the more expensive one every time. I do appreciate nice things.

Judie and George said...

Did I say Traget? What is that?!!

Wendy said...

Ha! Ha! What a character! I love that she wanted a fashion magazine and calls you M-O-M! She's hitting the teenage years early ;)

Stopher and Nicolle said...

cori...i know that i didn't know you when you were that young, but even so, this sounds exactly like something you would do. she sounds exactly like you, in fact. I love it. great, now i know what i am in for...a mini-me!

Honor said...

hey ... how did you get invited to nicolle's blog? I wanna see it.