Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter Fun

So, I am finally posting our Easter pictures. Talk about a slacker. I've been busy trying to get everything ready for our big trip. It's amazing the prep time you need to leave your house for three weeks! I've had the girls clothes packed for a few days now... you know those winter clothes haven't been used around here in awhile. (Why, oh, why am I leaving prime spring weather to go to rain and possible snow...well, maybe the snow passed through this last weekend and will not reappear. We can always hope.) Anyway, our Easter was good. Because I have a fairly smart little five year old at my house, we no longer believe in the Easter bunny. She decided a couple Easter's ago that it was impossible for a bunny to do such things as leave Easter baskets and hide eggs. After all, "Bunnies can't talk or walk on two feet and they can't even hold a basket." So, being the totally unfun mom that I am, I didn't correct her and we will just not have the Easter bunny in our house probably ever. I already have to keep up the pretense of Santa and the Tooth Fairy. I just can't stand to lie anymore than that. :) However, before we even left the house on Sunday for church or Grandma's (where her cousins would be) we had to have a conversation about how even though we didn't believe in the Easter bunny at our house, some people still do believe and we can't ruin it for them. What a conversation to have with a five year old and a two year old. I am pleased to report that even under the pressure of a conversation I overheard with one of her cousins, Alexa didn't spill the beans and all was well. So, Happy Easter, everyone. May the Easter Bunny live longer in your house than it did in ours! Ahh... it looks so nice undisturbed. This will have to be the last year we have matching dresses. Alexa said something about it again. I told her to indulge me for one more holiday, then she could have her way. Besides, she's getting too tall to fit into any little girls dresses anyway.
If you look closely, you can see we have yet to do the Easter egg hunt part of the morning. There are couple eggs visible in the couch. I don't know if the girls even noticed until we told the to start looking.
This is one of our only shots of Leah on her first Easter. Leah spent about five days with a really high fever- running around 103 or 104. Some kind of virus going around, her doctor told us. This was one of those days. You can see her Easter basket being unloaded by her very helpful big sister. She was just too tired and too sick, I guess. Maybe next year will be better for her.
This was before church... can you tell Leah wasn't feeling well that day?
This was the attempt to take a picture after church. Believe it or not, this was the best shot out of about five.

3 comments:

Honor said...

oh they are so cute! They always make me smile. Alexa and Callie have especially nice hair (compared to my sweet Tessa's unruly locks)

emily :) said...

What darling girls and what cute dresses! I'm so excited to see them this week :)

Stopher and Nicolle said...

i love the dresses and the picture where you and andrew are framed in the background...it looks so cool.