Monday, March 17, 2008

A Sad Moment

Here lies the body of our Beta fish, Jake. May he rest in peace and not be dug up by any hungry cats or birds. (The girls wouldn't let us flush him. They were horrified at the thought.)
Let's play a game of Where's Jake? Can you find him?

As I was getting ready to leave for my Presidency meeting, Andrew decided the time had come. He took the girls over to the tank and said, "See Dave? See how he's swimming around? Now look at Jake. What is he doing?" Yeah, they picked up on it pretty quickly. Callie almost seemed excited- she yelled, "IS HE DEAD?! YUP, HE'S DEAD!" However, I think Alexa almost shed a tear for her precious pet. So, they took him out back, dug a shallow grave (how deep can you get for a tiny fish?) and stuck him in. Dave seems to be getting along quite nicely without him. They took out the divider in the tank so he has the whole thing to himself. The girls got to watch him explore his new surroundings- they thought that was pretty fun. Anyway... one down, one to go.

4 comments:

Wren/Karen said...

I'm glad it worked out okay, I was hoping we'd hear the rest of the story soon. You guys handled it like parent pros. I hope Dave doesn't get too lonely.

Judie and George said...

Yup, he's dead. That makes me laugh. How nice to be so matter of fact. It sounds like me and my brother. Sometimes I think we are almost irreverent. Dad used to always say a hefty bag would be good. I guess we got it from him.

Judie and George said...

I think it is a fitting end to the story, by the way.

Coordination Queen said...

hehehe... I'm glad they handled it so well.