Monday, March 17, 2008

Eggsellent!!

Tonight for FHE we dyed eggs. The girls loved it, of course. I found a kit that uses sponges that are attached to sticks to apply the dye. It was hardly any mess and was really easy for the girls to do. Maybe it's been awhile since I dyed eggs, but whatever happened to the cups of dye and the little wire egg holders? Do they still sell those? Not that I want them- this was much better than the old way.

I realized that we took no pictures of Leah... can you see her back there in her walker? She played... kind of. We spent most of our time picking her toys up and putting them back on her tray after she had thrown them off. I'm glad she thought it was a fun game.
Alexa was wearing one of my old shirts... this is one of the few pictures where the shirt isn't falling off her. Next time I will try to find one that doesn't have a V-neck.
Look how hard she is working!!

The eggs are done!! And, I don't think we even stained any clothes! (Of course, if I hadn't made them put old clothes on, we'd have stained whatever they were wearing... that is just how it works at our house.)

7 comments:

Judie and George said...

These pictures are full of attitude and very cute! Can't wait to see them.

Honor said...

we need to do that this week ... maybe Friday night. We decided our Easter bunny is coming the Saturday morning before Easter from now on ... I got the good old traditional dunk the eggs, but I'm thinking I should go look for the kind you got ... less mess is great.

Coordination Queen said...

Oh I haven't seen the sponge on the stick kind... we just have the wire holder to dunk... I don't think that will be a good mix with Aiden.

emily :) said...

I have never seen the sponge kind! Perhaps a trip to the store is needed :) However, I still have the kit from last year that we never used because we never dyed eggs last year! I'm with Honor, perhaps Friday night...weekday nights are just too busy, and since Zachary is getting baptized in a couple weeks our FHEs have been focused on baptism for the last month :)

Honor said...

I went and bought the sponge kind ... they had them at the dollar store. with little "rollers" right?

Andrew and Cori said...

Mine didn't have rollers... and I think I got mine at Target. But, whatever works!

Tawna said...

Your girls are beautiful! It looks like they had fun. W e colored eggs the messy way, I'll have to look for the kit you mentioned for next year.