Monday, March 17, 2008

Alexa's Birthday Party

Autumn, Breanna, Alexa, Callie (who stayed with Grandma during the party), and Heidi in our front yard after the party... yes, I forgot to bring the camera.

On Friday we took Alexa and three friends out to lunch and to a movie. Alexa requested Wendy's (because of the toys in their kids meals) and Horton Hears a Who for her movie. Wendy's was fine- the girls were cute... really excited, I think. They giggled and laughed the whole time till we made them eat so we could get to the movie. Now, for those of you who don't know, Horton Hears a Who opened on Friday. We had tickets (bought before lunch, thank goodness) for the second show of the day. The line was INSANE. We got there about twenty minutes early and were way down the hall from the theater. And, there were a ton of people behind us. (Andrew and I were commenting that it was the very essence of what we hate: crowds of people on opening days. I'd rather wait till it's not so popular, then see it.) Then we waited. And waited. And waited. They finally started to let people in, we found decent seats and then we waited. And waited. And waited. The movie didn't even start on time, for pete's sake. And the girls all wanted popcorn, but there was NO way I was waiting in that line. I told them they would have to wait till the movie started then I would go get it. We were almost a half hour into the movie before the line was short enough for me to get popcorn. Anyway, the movie was cute, the girls had a good time, and Alexa said it was the best birthday ever.
I guess you can't beat that.

1 comments:

Judie and George said...

I am glad it was good for her. I hope we can do something fun as well when you get here.