Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mt. Rainier


Yesterday was a beautiful day- the best kind of day in Washington. It was mid 70's, sunny and clear. And, we all know when it is clear Mt. Rainier stands tall and beautiful in the sky. It is one of my most favorite things about living in Western Washington. I always hope to have one of those picture perfect days so I can stare at the mountain when I'm in the car driving around. Yesterday I actually drove around taking pictures of the mountain in all the best spots after the parade was over. Callie and Leah were asleep, luckily. I kept saying to Alexa, "Do you see it? Isn't it beautiful?" I think she got tired of it. And, if she would have let me, I probably would have stared at it all afternoon to try to catch a beautiful sunset at the end of the day. I hope someday when we come to visit again they will all be able to look at it and think it is as wonderful and magnificent as I do.

5 comments:

Jill Wittwer said...

Looks like you are having a great time! We are missing you in YW but everything is going just great, no need to worry! Keep having fun and see you soon!

Honor said...

it is a nice mountain.

Honor said...

it is a nice mountain.

Honor said...

jinx

emily :) said...

We were driving home on Saturday, and as we were driving through Oregon and Eastern WA, we were loving the beautiful, warm weather! Can you imagine our surprise when we arrived in Western WA, and the weather was just as nice!! When we drove up to our house at 5pm it was 81 degrees!! :)