Monday, April 21, 2008

Grandma's Best Birthday Ever


Make an on-line slide show at www.OneTrueMedia.com


My Grandma turned 87 on Sunday. We had a family party in her honor on Saturday. My Mom and Dad, my Uncle (her only sibling) and his wife, my brothers, sisters and cousins and all their children were there. Ten grandchildren (out of 15), and their spouses and 21 great-grandchildren (out of 24). Not too bad! My Grandma told my Mom that it was her best birthday ever. Because of her poor health, we had pictures with her and then she went to rest... but, the rest of us had a great party. How can you go wrong with a BBQ and 21 kids under the age of 15 in one house?! It was cold outside, but the kids still ran around and had a great time. The girls, of course, were thrilled to spend so much time with so many cousins. I'm glad I was there to take part in such a fun and special time. My Grandma is a wonderful woman. My girls call her Candy Grandma (I'm sure you can guess why). She is always thrilled to see us and makes my girls feel loved. I have so many fond memories of her as a child- eating her frozen Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, sipping 7-Up from a mug out of her mug collection with a bendy straw, standing at her sink and washing dishes that didn't really need to be washed, even down to the way she would cut my sandwich when I ate lunch at her house. I love her so much and am grateful to be a part of her family. Happy Birthday, Grandma!!

3 comments:

Honor said...

she's a lucky grandma!!

Emily A. said...

Thanks for posting pictures. It looks like it was a lot of fun!

Leesa said...

Hey Cori, I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog. Your memories of your grandma are so sweet. She seems like a neat Grandma.