Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Parade



Saturday was the Daffodil Parade. My niece, Sierra, was marching her Junior High's band, so we went to see her. We also got to spend some time with my college roommate, Amie, and her family. We were so glad to see them!! It was pretty warm outside... you can see by the look on Alexa's face that she was slightly flushed and frequently not happy. Not even the clowns, the pirates or the cheerleaders could cheer her up. It was great to see my sister Amber and her family and my brother Roger and his family too. The parade made me laugh- it was very much the same as it was 15 years ago... even some of the uniforms from the schools looked vaguely familiar... Amber, Roger and I laughed at that. And, as each float or school would pass I would fill Ryan and Amie in on the dirt of where it was from. Ahh- the memories.

5 comments:

Honor said...

sorry we couldn't be there as well ... it is the same every year though, so I'm sure we didn't miss too much.

Emily A. said...

It was great to see you on Sunday. You didn't look sunburned, so I figure you were one of the smart people that put on sunscreen while watching the parade. You have cute little girls!

emily :) said...

I really wish we could have come too! We were driving home from UT...but it was truly perfect weather for the parade...I'm sure it hasn't been like that in ages! :)

Amie said...

I can't wait for next year's parade! It was so much fun to see you and your cute family. Hopefully we'll get to do it again soon. (Well soon-ish, not 4 years from now like last time.)

Coordination Queen said...

I am jealous I wasn't there... not so much for the parade, although I'm sure that was wonderful, but for hanging out with y'all.