Monday, April 7, 2008

It's a Rainy Day, It's a Rainy Day... are you at all surprised?

Does anyone remember that Seasame Street song from too many years ago: "It's a rainy day, it's a rainy day. It's raining outside and I can't go out and play. Why do we need the rain anyway?" Well, my girls thought it would be fun to play in the rain today. My little St. George girls lasted all of five minutes before they had had enough. I think they had fun while they were out, though. I love watching the rain. It's so homey to me. I love when it is raining hard enough that I can hear it on the roof. I can remember as a kid falling asleep to the sound of the rain. I LOVE IT. I love that it makes everything green... the natural way. It is the reason Washington is so beautiful. I think that I am away for such long periods of time that I forget how much I love it here. I am grateful my kids have had a chance to play in the rain today.
That is a smile... I think she was saying "cheese". She walked right up to the puddle on the deck behind her, stomped in it as hard as she could, then turned around and said, "Mommy, I think my socks are wet. I need new ones." Funny little girl.


And we thought these raincoats that Grandma Louisa bought us over a year ago wouldn't get used... what were we thinking?!

5 comments:

Honor said...

my kids would play in the rain all day if I let them ... but we live here ... so they have to sometimes.

Coordination Queen said...

I loved playing in the rain as a kid.

Judie and George said...

And I love seeing them playing in the rain outside my very own window!

Amie said...

Oh, such cute girls. We can't wait to see you all and see Cori's hometown parade!

Jill Wittwer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.