Monday, May 26, 2008

Let Her Eat Cake!!

I am finally getting around to posting pictures of Leah's birthday adventures. We kept it small and quiet this year. Grandma, PopPop and Uncle Nathan and KoKo were the only ones who came to the house for cake and ice cream (Aunt Lydia had to work). Leah gets a little tense when there are crowds around. And, with it being the last week of school, everyone is so busy- it just seemed like a good idea to do simple this year. I'll spare you the pictures of her sisters opening all her gifts, but the cake was lots of fun. We sang, Callie blew out the candle and then Leah stared at it. I had to put icing on my finger and let her lick it off before she understood what she was supposed to do- or what she could do with a whole cake to herself.
Alexa didn't think the cake I made for everyone else was as fun as Leah's. Luckily, Leah was willing to share. This is actually how Leah first started eating the cake- she wouldn't touch it with her hands, she just shoved her face down in it so she could get bites. It was really funny.
It took a little coaxing, but she finally got into it. She would pick up handfuls and squeeze it through her fingers before she would attempt to get it in her mouth.
I love this picture. Leah thinks it's really funny to feed me while I am feeding her. So, she is offering me a bite which, as a mother, you can't refuse. It was pretty good cake, I must say.

This is the aftermath of eating cake- don't they always end up getting a bath in the kitchen sink and then spending time with no clothes on?
It was a fun evening. We are so grateful to have Leah as a part of our family. Just seeing her little face in these pictures makes me smile.

5 comments:

Leesa said...

Don't you just wish you could eat a cake like that instead of with a fork, and then just run around with no clothes on. Well maybe just the cake part:)

Honor said...

that looks good! I wish Kate would have eaten her birthday treat. Oh well.

emily :) said...

I love the First Birthday traditions!! She really got into it...how fun! I agree with the eating cake like that all the time! I'm a texture girl, and think eating with my hands would be really fun :)

Judie and George said...

Thanks for posting these darling pictures so we could see them. Wish we had been there!

Coordination Queen said...

She is so cute!