Sunday, May 18, 2008

Buxtonbag.com


So, Alexa has got to be the funniest kid around. Yesterday were playing on the floor of my room while Andrew was on the computer working. The TV was on and all of the sudden Alexa walks right up to it. This was our conversation:

Mom: Lex, what are you doing? Back up from the TV.

Lex: But, this is my favorite commercial. It's an organizing bag.

Mom: A what?

Lex: Mom, it's like a purse only you can find things easier. See? It has a place for your cell phone and your keys so you can always find them. (As she is intently watching and not looking at me at all).
And, it comes in two other fashion colors. Red or Tan. Which do you like?

Mom: (trying not to laugh), Well, I think the black is good.

Lex: And, if you order now they will give you a digital reminder so you can remember what you need to get at the grocery store. Isn't it great?

Mom: (trying to think if great is the word I am looking for), Well, I'm glad you like it. Have you seen this commercial lots?

Lex: Yes. I already said it was one of my favorites.


I have now decided that before Alexa learns how to use a credit card we must cancel the cable at our house so we get NO infomercials. Five years old and already mentally buying whatever they sell on TV. So, if anyone wants to see the Buxton Bag, just visit their website at: buxtonbag.com... or you can just call my house. Alexa can fill you in on any of the details I may have missed.

9 comments:

Wren/Karen said...

I was laughing so hard while reading this---how adorable. I have got to get one of those bags! What a funny, funny story.

Roger said...

Cori- I can't stop laughing. I can just picture Alexa talking. She is SO grown up for her age. This is Veronique by the way :)

Judie and George said...

So, just as a precaution, don't let her start a small container collection, or a box collection. Organization is a good thing, right? Just remember Grandma Locke likes to be organized but it has gone way over the top and isn't helpful ANYMORE. I like organization too. I think she came by it honestly.

Lauren said...

That is so funny. your girls are gorgeous and they look identical almost.

Coordination Queen said...

Her and Kylie really should hang out sometime. I've been told that she wants to buy that bag for me because my purse is always a mess and that would help me keep things in order. I think she suggested getting it for me for mother's day.

Wendy said...

HA! She makes me laugh! She's like a teenager stuck in a little girl's body!!

Leesa said...

Taylor loves that commercial too, and wants me to get one. I will go to the store and she says a bunch of stuff she heard on other commercials when she sees different toys or whatever, they really know how to get into these kids heads what is cool and what they want their parents to buy them.

Camille said...

That's funny! I think I just saw that commercial yesterday. Isaac watches commercials just as intently. It's amazing what our kids think we need to get from watching T.V.

Lyndsi said...

I love the red one personally! :) That is so dang funny. At least you know she is paying attention to her surroundings!