Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Kitchen Girls


(Alexa titled this blog)

On Sunday my cute girls decided they wanted to help with dinner. They got themselves dressed in these adorable "kitchen" outfits and went to work. Callie kept running around the house yelling, "I need the recipe" over and over and over. So, even though Mom had the recipe in her head, I had to get out the cookbook and show it to her. They tried so hard to be helpful. Callie almost cried when I told her she couldn't take anything out of the oven. She assured me over and over that she was big enough and strong enough to do it. Maybe in a few years...

9 comments:

emily :) said...

Cute picture! My children love to help in the kitchen...everyday I get many requests to be my "Sous-Chef"! Now that they have seen "Ratatouille", they are all versed in Kitchen Lingo :)

Judie and George said...

I would encourage this! I love it when people cook. It was always so nice when you kids made cookies and I could enjoy them without having to bake them.

Emily A. said...

I love the aprons. It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. I wish my husband would get that excited about helping me cook. Lol.

Kelli said...

my kimber has that dora outfit in a different color. we love dora here.

Honor said...

i am so bad at letting my girls help in the kitchen ... i told brielle this summer i would let her have one kitchen day a week where she could do some cooking.

Coordination Queen said...

That is so fun! Aiden tries to climb on the counter to help... it hasn't worked out very well yet.

Camille said...

Isaac loves watching Rachel Ray's cooking show on T.V. and now likes to help make things, too. Sometimes, he's actually more willing to try the food if he helped make it. Love the cute kitchen outfits!

Anonymous said...

Angie misses your kids and frequents your blog. I think they're all right as well.

Lauren said...

you gotta love all the extra help from your girls. One of these days they'll actually be able to cook something yummy, but you'll still probably have to clean up after them. cooking is always a bonding moment for us--we usually end up messy and laughing at ourselves.