Monday, May 12, 2008

Cotton Days

We had a busy day on Saturday. Washington City Cotton Days was this last week, so we went to the parade on Saturday morning with our friends the Dean's. We then had a double birthday party for our cousins Breanna and Cade. And, I left the party early to go get a pedicure and a manicure. Fun for me! It was nice being alone for awhile. These are pictures of the kids at the parade. Amie and Ryan- if you thought Puyallup was small-town, you haven't been to Washington City, Utah. I think half the parade was made up of tractors. The kids had a good time- the weather was perfect that early in the morning, it wasn't too crowded and it was done in less than an hour. What a perfect parade! Jordan, Alexa, Callie, Parker and Leah waiting for the Parade to start. They didn't last long on this blanket. I think it mostly housed the candy that was collected.
This is the Washington City Royalty. Two of the girls are in our ward (red dress and dark dress). Way to go Kaylee and Amber!! We are so proud of you!
Leah, watching from the safety of her stroller. I think she really enjoyed herself- she didn't even complain once. And, she loved when the horses came by. She would point and yell. It was really cute.
Some of our spoils from the parade. Almost every float or entry throws candy. Parker was great to be the first on the scene; he'd grab what he could so the little kids didn't get trampled by other big kids. Collecting candy can be a nasty business...

4 comments:

Wren/Karen said...

I love small town parades. Maybe because I love the daffodil parade so much. It looks likes nice parade weather--although, in St. George you probably don't worry about that as much as we do in Puyallup.

Amie said...

I don't think it gets much better than the Puyallup parade, but I'm glad the girls got their fill of candy. That is an important parade day element.

Honor said...

that is a LOT of candy.

Tracey said...

Looks like you had fun! I totally agree with your mother's day thoughts, it's nice to have a special day but oh how I relish the nights Tom is actually home to play with the kids after dinner while I do the dishes. I have to do the dishes everyday but it's so much easier without Danica unloading them as I put them in, Alyssa fussing and Hayden asking me to come do something with him... thanks for the advice on the crawling, your girls are so smart so I will definitely quit worrying!