Thursday, June 26, 2008

Camp Rock

Callie's birthday was a success last week. She has been waiting for so long to have it be her day. It's hard being so young and seeing everyone else in the family have a birthday before you. On each of our birthdays she has asked how long it is till hers. We tried to make the day extra special for her because she waited patiently through Andrew, Alexa, Leah and my birthdays without much complaint. We decorated the house, had pink donuts for breakfast, and a new outfit for her to wear. She was a happy little three year old. Opening her new clothes. A Dora skirt, of course. I've really gotten soft in recent months to actually be the one to buy clothes with cartoon characters on them!
Her other presents had to wait till Dad came home from work. Actually, Andrew came home and Callie was gone with Grandma at the Bear Mill making a cute pink birthday poodle.
Jordan and Parker came over in the morning and played for awhile.


We had Callie's birthday party on Friday night. I think she had a great time. She was really looking forward to having friends come over to be with her. I let her choose the menu for dinner: pizza, soda, cupcakes, popsicles, strawberries, grapes, and Hershey kisses (which I forgot to put out; luckily, she didn't notice). We watched the premiere of Camp Rock on the Disney Channel. These girls were hilarious. As soon as the movie started they were dancing and screaming and yelling. It was really loud in our house. They eventually lost interest in the movie, which we knew they would, and mostly just played together. However, since Friday, my girls have watched Camp Rock once a day. So, it was no great loss on Friday- we've made up for it. More Dora stuff... do you see a trend? Her favorite present was a Camp Rock pillow.... the picture of it wasn't great, so I didn't put it up.
A Dora purse from Aunt Andrea. And, Dora underwear. Now, if she would just USE the underwear. Ahhh.... what am I going to do with her?
We looked everywhere for Camp Rock plates, napkins and stuff but couldn't find any. We settled for Dora. Have you had enough Dora yet?
Callie and her cousin Amber waiting for pizza.
The movie started and they were crazy! And, when the Jonas Brothers actually came on screen they were even more crazy. How did I, of all people, get girls who are such girlie girls? I'm surprised no one got hurt with all the jumping around they did.
This was in the beginning of the movie when we had high hopes they would actually watch it. We knew better, of course.
Pink cupcakes with pink frosting with pink candles. Another request from Callie.
Callie's new nightgown after the guests have all departed and she wound down from her eventful day. Happy Birthday, Callie! We love you so much!

8 comments:

Honor said...

Tessa's looking at all the pictures saying, "that's my friend" ... that's so fun! My girls liked Camp Rock too ... although Tessa wasn't too interested ... like Callie I guess.

Judie and George said...

This looks like so much fun, and they are incredibly cute. Girl stuff is the best. Wish I could have been there.

Wren/Karen said...

Happy Birthday Callie! I miss you. I'm excited to see you guys soon, hopefully. hugs and kisses

emily :) said...

What a blast! How fun for Callie! I'm so glad she had a great day :)

Lyndsi said...

We have Dora all over our house too! Brent will buy ANYTHING with her on it since Kenna loves it! It looks like you guys had a blast!!! That is hilarious they all love the Jonas Brothers!

=DiZ= said...

Hey Cori! I cannot believe how big and how old Callie is! I miss you guys! Judie asked if I ever get on this thing anymore... so I think I shall try to keep it up more! Keep in touch! Love you!

Coordination Queen said...

What a cute little girl. Seriously, she is a doll!

Melissa said...

You are so right...Jonas Brother fever! But these boys scream "I'm coming out of the closet in two years, try and stop me." Seriously...just wait...but your party looks so fun!