Friday, June 20, 2008

Three Years Ago...

I can hardly believe it has been three years since Callie's birth. She came a week and a half early, much to my distress. Yes, I was willing her to be right on time. We were living with Andrew's parents waiting for our house to be done. It was, of course, behind schedule. I knew if she came right on time we would be in the house; any sooner and we would not. So, of course, all my baby stuff was packed in the back of our storage unit when she decided to come. It was around 2 AM when I woke Andrew up and we left for the hospital. She was born at 6AM. We had to borrow a car seat to get her home and clothes to get us through the first week. The house was finished on her due date and we moved when she was just a week old. Through all the craziness of her birth, you'd think it would have been a hard time. But, I remember it was easier than I had expected. I felt great and she was such a good baby; I never had any trouble with her. We were so blessed. Callie is so special. There always has been something about her that is endearing. You can't stay mad at her no matter what she has done. Her smile is contagious and she can melt almost anyone's heart. I love her so much and am grateful to be her mother. Happy Birthday, sweetie!
She weighed in at 6 lbs. 7 oz. We thought she was small... until Leah came along. Yeah, crummy picture of me. Remember, I was in labor in the middle of the night. :)
Living with Andrew's parents had its perks that first week. I never had to worry about cooking meals and there was always someone to take care of Alexa when I needed it. My sister and her girls came to stay that first week, too. (Remember, we were supposed to be in the house by then...) I still remember one of the first nights that my sister stayed up with Callie for hours so I could sleep. I will always be thankful for her. I have such a great family.
Callie was always the best sleeper. She is the one child I could lay in her crib awake and she would just lay there till she fell asleep. She is still a great sleeper.

7 comments:

Veronique said...

Happy Birthday Callie, you certainly are a sweet girl. I hope your special day is magical. You have a wonderful family. We love you.

emily :) said...

Dear Callie, we hope you have/had a wonderful birthday!! :) You are for sure a darling little girl...hope you loved Camp Rock! :)

Linds said...

Happy Birthday Miss Callie! She is so cute! I hope she had a great day...little princess!

Coordination Queen said...

Happy Birthday Callie! Such a cutie!

Judie and George said...

That seems like a long time ago. She is certainly a little sweetie. I will always remember our week with the girls and Callie being awake at night. I'd hug her up a bit and tell her it was still nighttime and she'd go back to sleep. She is a good little cuddler.

Honor said...

I do remember holding her all night that night ... so sweet. I was tired, but not as tired as you ... so it was my pleasure. For some reason, your girls have always been like my own kids to me, so it's easy for me to do things for them.

Happy birthday Callie!! hope it was great! (did she like Camp Rock?)

The Foisy's said...

Adorable!!! Your babies are so cute! I miss you guys! Happy b-day Callie!