Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me...

Yesterday marked the 29th anniversary of my birth... I suppose we can call it a birthday. It was a good day. I went to library where I spent as much time looking through books as I wanted (no, it's not odd- I go to the library with the girls all the time and never get to leave the children's section- I hate that. I really wanted to go and look at a book that was more than 50 pages long), I went shopping and spent as much time as I wanted doing it, Andrew and I went to a movie (Indiana Jones... what did you all think of it? Was the alien thing a little weird?), and then we celebrated with the girls. One of my better birthdays, I think. I spent most of the day wishing that it was my 30th birthday. I know most people have an aversion to getting older- I really don't. With three kids, I think it's time for me to be older. I certainly can't be 23 anymore. So, even if I don't feel older (or even look older for that matter), I am glad to be aging and for life to be moving on- as it should. The girls are all in their Pajamas with wet, out of control hair- maybe we should have planned the eating of the cake for a better time....


Leah can't quite figure out candles yet. She had a hard time with hers on her birthday too. And, in typical Callie fashion, the flame was out before I really got the breath out of my mouth to do it myself.

7 comments:

Honor said...

hope you birthday was great!!!

Coordination Queen said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! And you don't look any older. :)

emily :) said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (late...sorry!!!) I hope you had a wonderful special day! We were in AZ, so I haven't been around to check blogs and leave birthday comments!! :) I love your new blog format, btw :)

Stopher and Nicolle said...

Hope you had a great birthday. Stop wishing you were older. We only get so much time here on earth as it is...don't wish it all away.

Rach_Spencer said...

Happy Birthday Cori! Sounds like you had a good day. Funny that a good birthday these days means spending a few hours to yourself. Sounds good to me right about now. We're getting ready for Benjamin and Christians birthday this week and next. We've got a Stars Wars party planned so it should be fun. Wish you guys lived closer.

Lyndsi said...

Happy Birthday! You look hot in the pictures! I hope you had a great day!

Camille said...

Happy Birthday Cori! I actually did think about you on your birthday, I'm just a little slow at leaving comments.