Thursday, May 28, 2009

Quinten

So, it's finally over!! Quinten James Hench was born on May 27th at 12:58 AM. He weighed in at 5lbs. 15 oz. which seems small, but we think he's big compared to what Leah was! He was just over two weeks early and we are glad to be done. I wish I could report that labor was a breeze- the hospital was slammed with women in labor and everything took longer than it should have- I had to wait an hour and a half for my epidural and had to wait over a half hour for my doctor to finish with another girl before I could start pushing. Even with all the delays, it still only lasted six hours, so I guess I should feel lucky. We are now home and everything is going fine. It's always an adjustment having a newborn around. Leah is taking it the hardest, of course. She has yet to make a sentence that isn't with a cry or a whine in it. Hopefully that will pass soon. The girls have spent lots of time with friends and family. My sister-in-law, Lydia is amazing and spent the entire afternoon and most of the evening with the girls the night we had him. They had a great time with her- she even took them all swimming! We love her so much! Thanks to everyone else who helped and came to visit. We will keep you updated as time goes on. My mom will be here on Saturday and we are anxiously awaiting her arrival. The picture above is Quinten right after delivery- he hadn't had his bath yet, so he probably looks a little gross.
Just after delivery- you can see I'm still hooked up to everything... I hate IV's.
Andrew and Quinten- it still doesn't feel like he is a boy yet. I have called him a she or her several times and have had to catch myself.
All his sisters. Leah walked in the room and I was holding him- she looked at me and said, "Mommy hold me."
Getting ready to leave the hospital. It always feels so good to get my own clothes on again and to get up and walk around. I could have stayed one more night, but I get so sick of doing nothing. However, the food was great this time. They have a menu that you call and order from so you get exactly what you want. Loved it!

27 comments:

Judie and George said...

He's very cute. Maybe Leah will let me cuddle her; or I can hold Quinten while she bothers you!

Heather said...

What a cute little boy. I love the name! I'm so glad that it is over for you. Let me know if you need anything. I will call you soon. You look so great, you don't even look like you've had a baby. Good luck with the girls!

Coordination Queen said...

He is a cutie! I'm still in shock that you have 4 kids. That is awesome!

Honor said...

LOVE him. so cute. (it'll be fun to have 2 Quinn/ten's)

Alison said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. I agree with you staying in the hospital is no fun. I hope you get some good rest when your mom arrives.

Rach_Spencer said...

Cori you're amazing!! I love the pic with all the kids and you on the bed. Leah's face says it all. I can't believe you have a little boy! He looks perfect.

Josie said...

Cori! Congratulations! It's hard to believe you finally have a boy! Glad you are both home and doing well. So happy for you. And you look so great! Wish I ever looked that good after giving birth!

Lyndsi said...

YAY! Congrats Hench family! I'm glad he is here and life can move on. I hope Leah adjusts quickly for your sake! HE is so cute! And you look marvelous!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! He's very cute! I can't wait to see more pictures of him. Good luck with 4 little ones at home :)

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Congratulations! Poor Leah, it's such a shock for the little one's. One day they are the baby and the next they are the big kid. You DO look great! Good Luck, you'll do awesome. You always have EVERYTHING together. Thank Goodness for Moms!

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for your family! Ahh, a new baby - so sweet! Make sure you get lots of rest and take care of yourself! Congrats again!

Jen (Maddie Lou Beanies) said...

Congratulations! He is so cute, I love all the hair!

emily :) said...

YEAH!! I can't wait to meet my new little nephew! The first new addition of many this year! :)

Camille said...

Congratulation!!! I haven't been good at blogging for a while or checking everybody else's blogs - so I'm glad that I noticed your post on facebook. Quinten is a cutie and I love his name! Glad that everything went smoothly and that you already get to be home. Enjoy your little boy!

Kelli said...

I'm so excited for you all. He is so cute. Poor Leah, she will get use to him soon enough and then think he is hers and want to carry him around. hehe

Melissa said...

Yay! Congratulations! He's adorable and I'm sure he's going to drive his sisters crazy. What a cutie...can't wait to see more.

Lydia Hench said...

i just love you guys. 4 kids now! wow i am behind..

Lauren said...

What a cute little boy. You look great with a newborn. I always look so exhausted and still large.

Jill Wittwer said...

You look so great! Sorry for all of the delays, but it is nice to have it all over with! I want to come by and see him but we have all been sick so I will have to wait a little bit. Let me know if there is anything you need! Congrats, he is adorable!

Tawna said...

congrats! he is beautiful.

Kearl said...

Cori, just wanted to say hi and congrats. This is Jenny Kearl from one of your old, married, student wards. I saw a comment from you on the Coordination Queen's blog, so I clicked over to yours. New babies are fun. We love boys at our house. We just had our third boy 2 months ago. Your 3 girls are adorable. Little tip for boys: if the pistol goes up, it's going to shoot.

Emily A. said...

Congrats! He is beautiful and you look great. Well done.

Wendy said...

Congratulations! He's a beautiful baby and I hope you are both doing well. I'm sure he'll get lots of love and attention from all his adoring older sisters! :)

Veronique said...

YEAH! He is here. Congratulations Cori. Can't wait to meet him. He looks cute. You look great too. Keep the pictures coming.

Charlotta-love said...

Aw, He's adorable. Congratulations!

Melissa said...

I love seeing you hold a little boy! It is so adorable! He is the cutest little man!

Amie said...

Oh Cori! Congratulations! I'm so excited that you have a little guy. He is going to be absolutely doted on with all those big sisters. I saw Kassie this weekend and we're still in the big and pregnant club just waiting to join you in the caring for a newborn club.