Monday, May 18, 2009

I've Had It...

I have absolutely had it with:

1. Little girls who think that screaming is an acceptable form of communication.
2. Being followed around by children and dogs to the point of stepping on them because they are so close on my heels.
3. Two year olds who think that waking up at 6AM is OK. It's not OK... it's just not.
4. Six year olds who never think life is fair and that the whole world is only out to get them.
5. Children who think that I should be at their every beck and call and then throw massive tantrums when they have to wait for me to finish what I am doing- even if I am going to the bathroom.
6. Two year olds who feed dogs your chapstick while you are in the shower and can do nothing about it.
7. Cleaning up messes that appear faster than I can keep track of. How do children create so much chaos in such a short amount of time??
8. Doctors appointments. I am sick of them. I am sick of shipping my kids off to whoever will take them two or three times a week. Can we just have this baby already and be done with it??
9. Telling a certain two year old to leave the dog alone. I wish he would take a large chunk out of her hand so maybe she would get the idea that he doesn't like to be bugged by her.
10. The fact that Andrew can walk out of a room and be left alone if he so chooses. They leave him alone and he doesn't even have to ask. Seriously.... If I walk out of a room I am either followed or they yell at the top of their lungs to see where I am and what I am doing- even if Andrew is home and is with them. I can hardly stand it!!
11. Children who think they cannot be happy unless they are playing with a friend. Why are my kids so needy?? If they don't have friends over I get to hear about it for hours on end. Why can't they play with each other? Why do they think it's my job to constantly entertain them?

I've had it.... I have really just had it.....

12 comments:

Kelli said...

Hope this means the baby will come tonight. That would give you an over night in the hospital to not have so many needs coming at you (once you get through labor that is) Hang in there.

Coordination Queen said...

you could try locking yourself in the laundry room, while listening to your ipod or just the sound of the machines while reading a book... that is my favorite hiding place! :) or you could just explode occasionally so the kids can see it. this one was quite effective in getting the kids to stop bickering in the car. i screamed. i never scream and i feel foolish admitting that i did. it caught them so off guard, gave me a release and then i just explained i couldn't take it anymore. i've never experienced such a quiet car ride. you could also get in the car and drive to sonic right now, get a super big drink that would just make you happy and you could have a few minutes of peace... you can make it!!!

Siri said...

So, has Jimmy worn out his welcome? We will come get him if we have to. I know that it gets really annoying when you have a Leah size child and a Jimmy size dog. We will owe you big time for doing this for us!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

I really hope you have him soon. sorry about all the drama. Call me if you need any help!

Scott and Selma said...

You are doing an awesome job, Cori! Just hang in there. I promise it gets easier. Bring the kids over when you need a break.

Melissa said...

Okay, I know you're venting...but it kinda makes me laugh. I love the honesty because frankly I get so tired of reading blogs where it's like my life is perfect...life is so easy with children...life is full of rainbows and ponies. Bleh. Yeah, right. Anyway, keep your head up! You're almost there!

Honor said...

I feel your pain. Truly I do. Actually right now Kate is crying at my feet because I am not opening a box of crackers for her ... now she's pounding on my legs with her fists. It will pass eventually ... probably not soon enough, but in a few years we'll both look back at this time and laugh, right? (hopefully.)

Leslie said...

Someday those little girls will be your best friends. If they can't reach you by phone, they will call their sisters and ask, "where is mom, has anyone heard from her today, they will still be hunting you down." When you wanted to be popular in Jr High you just had to wait until you were a mom. No one can get a drink of water or tie a shoe like you. You are so popular. But someday these days will be but a memory. I know, and when Lizzy call's me I chuckle.

Stopher and Nicolle said...

ha ha ha... that is so funny. i love sister widing's comment, too. and i always wanted to have friends over, maybe if you let them then they'll all leave you alone? i don't know. don't have anyone to be bothered about....

Jen said...

Wow that is my life...My kids have the same ideas about life right now. Think of it this way, before you know it this "special" time will be gone. They will find other ways to bug you, like being later than they know they should be, constantly talking on the phone with boyfriends, etc. Hope that little one is a good baby. Good luck know that this ward has plenty of people who can relate.

emily :) said...

Sounds somewhat familar, yes very familar!

Roger said...

HA! Best Cori rant of aaaaaaallll time!!! HiLarious!!!! Only because it sounded like a conversation at our house with my Super-Prego-Sweetie-Pie ranting....except replace the dogging chap-stick feeding with a certain three year old attempting grand theft auto on the neighbor car! It is pretty much her most favorite thing to do. Yesterday after church she was running from car to car trying the door handles hoping that she would find one unlocked....I think that she has a problem. Hang in there Cori I am FedEx-ing your tap dance shoes that should should show them who is boss when you pull out the big guns! Happy Memorial Day! :)