Saturday, June 13, 2009

Updates

So, Quinten is now over two weeks old. He is doing great. He's actually gaining weight- we just wish he would gain it faster. He is so tiny that we have spent the first two weeks changing his clothes about ten times a day because he pees out of every diaper he wears- his legs are too skinny. And ten times a day is no joke- just ask my Mom. Sad, huh?? Well, sad for me. I have been doing one load of laundry a day that is just his clothes and blankets to try to keep up with him. Hopefully we will pass this obstacle soon. He is such a good baby- as all fourth children should be. He still is a little confused about day and night, but we will get there.
As for me- I feel great. I'm tired of course, but other than that things feel pretty much back to normal. More than anything it's just nice to be wearing normal clothes again. I am SICK of matenity clothes. I have AMAZING friends and neighbors who have taken great care of my kids and our family since before Quinten arrived. While my Mom was here she made the comment that I live in a neighborhood from another era: the kids just run around from house to house and everyone watches out for everyone. It's true- we live on a great street with great people. We are very blessed.
I have lots more pictures to post- my birthday, Leah's birthday, Callie's dance recital, Alexa's last day of school, family pictures... hopefully I will get to it soon. Until then, you will have to be content with just Quinten. Isn't he cute??

I know he looks sad and pathetic in this picture.... but. he was asleep and looked so cute till the flash went off on my camera.... I must have really bugged him. :)

15 comments:

Judie and George said...

He is looking very bright-eyed and alert!

Rach_Spencer said...

He is so CUTE!! He looks just like a boy version of your girls. I'm laughing about you having to change his clothes 10 times a day. That could be a boy thing as well as a skinny thing. I'm sure your girls just love him.

Lauren said...

you're right....he does look cute. It looks like he enjoys sucking on his fingers. Like you, I love ditching my maternity clothes.

Melissa said...

He's adorable! I can't wait to see more.

Elizabeth said...

He's so cute! He definitely looks like part of the family. I'll be looking for more pictures soon :)

Coordination Queen said...

He is a doll! (not necessarily what you want to hear about a boy... so would handsome be better?) I'm sorry you have to do so many loads of laundry... I think it must be boys and their tiny hineys... Aiden did the same thing. I'm excited to see the rest of your pictures!

elonna said...

Congrats! What a darling family! Wow 4, I guess I will be joining you in about 5 months... Congrats again!

Stopher and Nicolle said...

really cute!! and i'm jealous of your neighborhood! so jealous of that cute baby, too

Kelli said...

he is so darling

The Foisy's said...

He is dang cute! I love all that hair! What a cutie. Sounds like he's doing well. He probably won't gain weight fast. Avery still doesn't plus, look at his genes skinny mini!

Melissa said...

Thanks for letting me love on him today! It made my day. That little man is so handsome.

emily :) said...

Such a darling little guy!! I'm anxious to see him and all you guys :)

Heather said...

I love those pictures! He looks so much like Alexa! I loved holding him at enrichment the other night. It made me so baby hungry. Cute, Cute Baby!

Rach_Spencer said...

I thought I told you to buy the blue diapers—not the pink ones. No wonder he's leaking out of everything. Also, you have to point 'it' down –John

Wendy said...

Quinten is truly adorable, and I agree with Rachel--he looks like a boy version of your girls. All of your kids have a Hench stamp on them :). I hope things are still going well and that you are adjusting okay to having 4 kids.