Tuesday, September 23, 2008


I can hardly believe that Andrew and I have been married for eight years. At times it seems like we've known each other forever, but when you say the number eight, it doesn't seem to match up. Andrew and I met just over eleven years ago while we were freshman at BYU. Who would have thought back then that it was all bound to work out for us? Andrew was my best friend. We did everything together, talked about everything and spent more time together than I would have thought possible. Did you know that he had to outright tell me that he liked me or I probably would have remained clueless forever? I think that is why Andrew and I have always been so right together: first and foremost, he has always been my best friend. It doesn't mean that we are perfect and that we don't drive each other crazy sometimes, but it does mean that we have a solid foundation built on something that was formed long ago. And after so many years, he is still my best friend- the one I would rather spend time with than anyone else. I feel very blessed to have him. He is a wonderful father to our girls; and even though he lives with raging hormones and girlish chaos, he seems to keep his cool and even enjoys it, I believe. So- Happy Anniversary, Andrew. Thank you for loving me despite my flaws and for being my best friend.

* I'm not sure what went wrong with these pictures when I scanned them in... sorry they look a little odd.

6 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

You both look so young. NOT that you you look old now... but you know what I mean. Anyway, Happy Anniversary!

Judie and George said...

You were such a beautiful bride!

Charlotta-love said...

Happy Anniversary!

Leesa said...

Hey, We have the same Anniversary date as you and Andrew, that is if it is the 23 of Sept. We've got you by a year though, we just celebrated 9. Happy Anniversary!

elonna said...

Happy Anniversary! I really like the pictures. It is fun to see pictures from back when. Congrats to 9 great years.

Melissa said...

Wow...8 years! What a blur! Happy anniversary!