Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just one more...

How many posts can you make in one day before people are finally sick of you?? I must have a lot to say today...

Leah had her tubes put in this morning. It went really well. She didn't cry when the nurse took her away and she didn't cry when she came out of the anesthetic and she didn't cry the rest of the day. We were so happy! And, we were in and out in exactly one hour, which made it even better. I think Leah must have a high pain tolerance. Seven ear infections in a matter of ten months can do that to a kid, I guess. Anyway, hopefully it will make this winter a little more pleasant than last winter.

My little brother, David, got engaged on Saturday. Thanks a whole heck of a lot for waiting till Monday to tell me the news. No, no- thanks for letting me find out from our sister on Monday that you had good news to share. You know I'm just kidding... kind of. Anyway, we LOVE Angie and are so grateful she will be a part of our family. My girls adore her. Hey- didn't you guys promise to come visit sometime?


I have to give a talk on Sunday... again. That brings the total up to 5 in three years, folks. Do I need to learn something that I'm not aware of?? Luckily, I have the help of a couple of sisters and a mom who agreed to be "guinea pigs" this week for me. We'll see how it goes. It's a good thing I don't have an aversion to speaking or I totally would have gone inactive ages ago.

School starts for Alexa on Tuesday. One week!! We are getting really excited around here. We found out yesterday who her teacher is and what class she will be in. There are seven other kids from our ward in her class. OK, you family from Washington will laugh at this: 8 kids from our ward in her class and that is one of six kindergarten classes. The REST of the kids in our ward who will be in Kindergarten are dispersed in the other 5 classes. Funny, huh? Anyway, she is thrilled and we are thrilled for her. We are now in the process of convincing Callie that it will be fun to be the "big" sister at home while Alexa is gone everyday. That will be the hard part.

I started and finished Breaking Dawn on Saturday... thank goodness. I needed to read it and move on with my life. It is now out of my house and probably won't be back for awhile- there is already a waiting list of friends who want it. It was really good! Nothing like what I expected, but the perfect close to the series.

OK, I think that is all the news I have to share.

3 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

We find out who Kylie's teacher is tomorrow. I can't figure out if I'm excited or scared.

Amie said...

Starting school! Wow... It sounds like life is moving. It is weird to think of your kid with someone else for so long when they've always been with you all day.

The Foisy's said...

I couldn't agree with you more about breaking dawn! Those dang books run your life. I can't tell you how much stuff I neglected while reading that serious. Oh, I'm so glad it's over. I loved them but dang, it was too drawn out. Poor baby having to get tubes! :(