Sunday, August 31, 2008

...FINALLY!!

Yay!!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited?! As many of you may remember, last year before Leah was born we needed to buy a new car with more room. I wanted a minivan and Andrew wanted an SUV. Andrew and I fought for days about what it was going to be. I'm not kidding- we really fought hard. Even Andrew's parents were witnesses to our arguing and told one of his other siblings later that they had never seen us fight before. :) I guess we both felt pretty strongly about it. Anyway, after a few days, I gave in with the final words, "I think this is the biggest mistake we have ever made and I want to have nothing to do with it." And, ever since that awful day I have driven a car that I despised... and I have taken quite a few opportunities to let Andrew know that I hate it. I'll admit, I haven't been very nice. Don't get me wrong- it was a really nice car. I would have loved it if it hadn't been so hard to get three kids in and out of it. So, I may have lost the battle on that fateful day last April, but this week I won the war. We are now the proud owners (well, I'm proud... Andrew is being a good sport about it) of a minivan! We got a great deal (thanks to Andrew's Dad who really should have been a car salesman in this life) and the girls absolutely love it. The day was fairly eventful- Andrew and his Dad also got new cars too. I hope you smile at the pictures below. My new minivan. Isn't it pretty? The color wouldn't have been my first choice, but every time I look at it, I love it more and more. I even woke up the next morning and checked in the garage just to make sure it was really there. Yep, I'm lame.
Andrew's new truck- another killer deal.
Andrew's Dad's new (well, to him) 1981 Corvette... in perfect condition... isn't it beautiful? OK, so maybe he came out better than Andrew and I, but I really couldn't be happier.

6 comments:

Judie and George said...

I love it! George says David would be green with envy. Tell Jim I'll be wanting a ride when I come down!

Honor said...

I think it looks great ... the color isn't bad at all.

Coordination Queen said...

Hasn't he learned yet that you are ALWAYS right? Especially when you are going to be driving it. :)

Lyndsi said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! Its a beauty of a van, and I hope you enjoy every drive in it! Even more, I hope Andrew enjoys every ride in it!

Tracey said...

I am so excited for you!!!!!!! I love that you "won the war!" You know how I felt about my minivan and a day doesn't go by that I don't miss it. I'm so glad you get to start your love affair. I hope it goes as well! In defense of my current minivan, I did discover some secret cup holders that slide out of the dash, so now my number 1 gripe (of not having any cup holders) is solved and I can just relish in the fact that I paid $1,700 for it! :)

Josie said...

O Good! I'm glad you finally got what you wanted! I think it's so funny how many of my friends have vans now! I keep telling Ryan, let's just not have any more kids, then we wont ever need a van! They really are so nice though! Glad you finally got it! We miss seeing you guys!