Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bugged

OK, irritated is a little better description of what I am feeling. So, last Thursday I went to Costco and bought a pair of jeans. My friend, Kami, had told me they were a great deal (which they were) and were really cute (which they are). I bought a pair and LOVED them, so I thought I would go back and buy another pair. Then, as I was going over the receipt, I realized they charged me too much. So, the next day I went back and told them and they looked it up and told me the price they rang up as was what they were. I went back and looked at the sign and they had changed the price. OK, I'm not crazy- I know how much the sign said they were when I bought them. I know how much Kami paid for hers. You mean to tell me that in a matter of less than 24 hours they can change the price and I get screwed?! I called my mom and raged over the phone. She, of course, told me to just go buy another pair even though I was totally ripped off because they are so great. You know how hard it is to find jeans that you think are cute... So, is it the principle of the matter that I not buy another pair or do I just suck it up and forgive Costco for being stupid?

4 comments:

Veronique said...

I had something like that happen to me once. I took my friend with me and her item and her reciept. They gave the money back they owed. Try it.

Lyndsi said...

If it were me, I would probably rage, tell everyone that I got ripped off and then go back and buy another pair! :) That is so lame though.

bearnjo.com said...

Forgive and enjoy a great pair of jeans. They are sooo hard to find!

Emily A. said...

The old bait and switch. Grrrrrr.