Monday, August 17, 2009

Quinten's First Haircut

So, we did it. Actually, my friend Selma did it. Quinten's hair officially became an eyesore and had to be cut. It was out of control. It was unmanageable. It was just too darn long. On Saturday I was walking Callie down to play with Selma's kids and she invited us in for a short visit to her hair salon (aka her kitchen...). It was quick and painless and he looks a million times better than he did. So, thanks for saving Quinten from more bad hair days because of his mother's lack of ability to do a boy's hair. Selma, I owe you! And, thanks for taking the pictures to document this big event. :) Ice cream? Let me know when you want to go!
The before shot. Look how long it looks!!
The after shot.... so much better.

15 comments:

Honor said...

Wow! That was really long hair.

He's so cute!

Lauren said...

yea you did cut a lot. He'll thank you for it later. He's a cute one.

Veronique said...

He looks so CUTE!

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Your baby just turned in to a little man! How do haircuts do that? I think he looks adorable.

Josie said...

Oh! It is cute, but instantly made him look older! Sad. That was a darling mop of hair though, what a handsome little guy.

Katie said...

What a cute haircut! He is adorable!

Heather said...

Very cute. I can't believe how much older he looks. I loved having you visit the other day. You are welcomed any time.

emily :) said...

I LOVE it! With that simple cut he looks like he has aged a couple months! WOW :) So darling!

Heather said...

So cute! Good job.

Christy said...

Very cute! It is amazing how often boys need hair cuts. I am learning by trial and much error.

Christy said...

Very cute! It is amazing how often boys need hair cuts. I am learning by trial and much error.

Lyndsi said...

DANG! That was a lot of hair! It looks so cute now! No more curl for Quinten!

Wren/Karen said...

Oh man, what a cute baby!! I miss the mohawk of course but now the first thing you think when you see
him is : Ahhhhhhhhhhh, cuuute.
instead of: AhhHHHHhh! Crazy hair!

Wendy said...

So cute! Eliza was 16 months before I needed to cut hers, and it was only the back. We are still waiting for the front to grow! :)

Aimee Cluff said...

Wow! What a freakin' adorable kid!!! I decided to check in on you guys and saw this not-so-little-babe with oodles of hair...he's too cute! Just wanted to say HI! :) ~Aimee Cluff