Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our First Grader

Today was the first day of school. WE ARE SO GLAD!! It was time for everyone's sake. Alexa was practically bouncing off the walls waiting to leave... that will teach her to get up early, huh? :) Alexa's teacher is Mrs. Bosh. And, the real highlight of the whole thing is that her best friend, Kinzlee is in her class. They are thrilled! And, as you can tell from the picture below, they wanted to dress the same for the first day of school. They both had these dresses that we probably bought last year (Melissa, is that right?? I can't remember). They wore leggings under them because they are getting a little short to be dresses... Kinzlee has managed to grow more than Lex- surprise, surprise. Alexa's can still almost pass for a dress. Anyway, they thought it was cool and loved that their teacher said something about it. Funny girls. I snapped the picture below after their walk home- they were both red, hot and sweaty... and I think they were both chanting something about air conditioning. We love Kinzlee and will be pretty much devastated when they move.... or they could just decide to stay.....
Alexa loved every minute of her first day and can't wait to go back. Lunch was great, three recesses were great, the waterbottle in the back of her chair is great- you get the idea. I'm so happy that she is happy and that this transition was conpletely painless for her.

Everything at home went well, too. Callie and Leah had a great day together- luckily. If someone could promise me that everyday would be like today, I would be a happy mommy. Wishful thinking, right?? We'll just have to wait and see what the year holds for us. Callie doesn't start Preschool till September, so she's a little antsy now that Alexa has started school. We'll just have to stay busy enough until then!
Kinzlee and Alexa after their walk home. We are so lucky to live just a few blocks from the school in such a great neighborhood. I am lucky that I don't have to take Alexa and pick her up everyday!

6 comments:

Veronique said...

She looks so grown up. How does that happen so quickly. I'm not ready for school to begin. Jacob is so ready and I am SO NOT ready.

Aaron and Bonnie said...

That is an adorable picture! I love their matching outfits, So Cute!!

Heather said...

What cute little girls! I love the matching outfits. I gotta say it's a little sad for me having them gone all day, but not sad enough that I'm not enjoying myself.

Judie and George said...

The outfit looks really cute.

Stopher and Nicolle said...

i absolutely love it...i want to be a cute first grader and wear matching outfits with my bff. how fun! and i love q's haircut, too. what is the deal with that? he isn't even like 2 mos is he?? he is so stinking cute, though. how is having a boy?

Wren/Karen said...

School is a wonderful adventure. Learning can open a new world of ideas and possibilities. I hope every day is great. I love you Alexa!