Monday, August 3, 2009

Quinten's Blessing

Yesterday we blessed Quinten. It was a great day. We somehow managed to get to the church by 8:35... miraculous, I know. All of Andrew's family in town was able to come and be with us. It was the first blessing of all my kids that my parents had to miss. However, spending three weeks with them in July more than makes up for it. Andrew gave him a great blessing and Quinten was fairly quiet through the whole thing. Actually, I couldn't hear him at all, but Andrew said he was a little fussy at first. He slept through most of church and all through lunch afterwards- even with a crowd of noisy people in our house. He woke up just as the last people were leaving. So, that will explain all the pictures with him in his carseat- we didn't want to wake him, so we left him alone.

Like my flip flops?? I was wearing real shoes earlier...
It was a different experience listening to the blessing of our little boy as opposed to our three girls. I kept expecting Andrew to say "she" (which he didn't). Quinten is a special little boy- we love him so much.


The cousins. It's completely impossible to get a good picture of that many kids. Poor Brandon and Austin, who are the oldest by quite a bit- I always feel bad that they have to pose for cousin pictures with our unruly little ones.

3 comments:

Judie and George said...

Your dress is really cute. Alexa's dress is really cute too. It's great you got a smiling photo of Quinten. He has changed just since I last saw him. He is so much more alert, and what a cute little guy. I wonder if he will be like his uncle Damon and be your best buddy ever. Just finished another birth order book. Boys relate to their moms, so he is your little guy!

Heather said...

You look so pretty. I love your dress. Quinten is such a cutie! He looks so much like Callie to me. I'm glad that everything went well for you.

Veronique said...

What a wonderful day. You look beautiful, as always.