Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm Ba-ack!

I spent last week at Girls Camp with my ward. It was a great week and now I am exhausted. We had 35 Young Women, 7 Young Women Leaders, 6 tents, 4 fun-filled days, 1 not-so-fun evening of torrential rain, and a massive clean-up of mud when we got home. We were one of only six wards in our Stake to stick it out through the downpour- five wards went home Friday night. I am very lucky to work with AMAZING women in Young Women's. They made the week more than enjoyable, despite all the hard work to pull it off. We also have some pretty amazing Young Women. They make it easy to work hard because they are worth it! Despite the one evening of rain, the weather was fantastic. It was cooler than St. George, but was hot enough to burn nearly everyone's noses and necks on the first day. We were grateful the camp added flushing toilets this year- a major upgrade from last time. Now, if we can convince them that hot showers are a must...
Andrew had the three girls while I was away. He was a trooper to stay with them so I could be gone. I am thankful he makes it possible for me to fulfill my calling and doesn't complain about it. He suffered through swimming lessons in 110 degree heat, fevers in the middle of the night, and potty-training. And despite it all, was in a good mood when I got home and told me it really wasn't that bad! He even had dinner planned for Saturday night, had the house clean, and let me take a nap in the afternoon. What a great Dad he is!
So, there will be more posts to come- I'm far, far behind (I haven't even posted our 4th of July pictures yet!). I'm just too tired to do it now.... Just wanted to let everyone know that I am alive.

3 comments:

Judie and George said...

We missed you!

Honor said...

sounds like a nice break to me!

Veronique said...

I agree, sounds like a nice break. I love girls camp!