Friday, September 4, 2009

Purging

So, a few days ago the girls decided to play in my closet while I was getting ready in the morning. They do this often; however, this particular day was "get all of Mom's shoes out" day. As I watched them and was irritated at the mess I would no doubt be cleaning up later, I realized there were a lot of shoes that I haven't worn in a LONG time. So, I decided that maybe it was time to purge my closet. The top picture shows all the shoes that were in my closet (I bet half of my shoes are flip flops, which I suppose is fitting since I live in St. George...); the bottom shows what I have left. I've decided to do the same with my clothes. Why do I keep things that I continuously pass by year after year?? So, if I haven't worn it in the last two seasons, it's history. I think I won't have much left when I am done, but it will feel good to get rid of the junk. How much does one person need anyway?

5 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

you got rid of the green ones? i love that color! I need to purge too... it might be a little while before I get to that though.

Alison said...

That is a lot of flip flops.

Charlotta-love said...

Man, that's a lot of shoes. Good for you to purge. getting rid of things you don't wear is a good way to make room for new clothes!

Melissa said...

Wow! I never would have pegged you for having "hundreds" of shoes in your closet! That is so funny! I love it! You are way too good a purging...you should come help me.

Wendy said...

Such a good idea. I'm due for some major purging!