Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Eww.... Gross!

So, yesterday morning we were eating breakfast and Leah was standing by the back door yelling, "Bird! Bird!" And, being the totally observant mom that I am, I ignored the back door and said, "Yes, there are birds out there." Then she started saying, "Eww! Gross!" So, I thought maybe I should have a look. This is what we found. It was big! This was no tiny sparrow that happened to hit the window. We're not sure what happened to it or how it ended up in our backyard, but we spent the rest of the day listening to Leah and her commentary on the bird. And in typical girl fashion, we waited for Dad to come home and take care of it for us... wouldn't you have done the same thing?

6 comments:

Veronique said...

I would have to agree EWW! Hope you pressure washed the porch.

Josie said...

Way gross! No way I would have touched it!

Camille said...

Of course, I would have done the same thing. My boys, on the other hand, would probably have wanted a closer look.

Rach_Spencer said...

Dead birds are number 1 on the gross list for me. We are coming to St.George for a weekend in March. I'll call you once I know more. Hopefully we can see you guys.

Unknown said...

poor bird! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!If that happned to me,I'd get sick.

Melissa said...

This happened to us last week too, weird! Sadly, Jordan was out of town, so I had to clean it up. Not fun. I think maybe it ran into our window or something, because there were no signs of it being attacked.