Friday, February 27, 2009

The Big 3-0.


Andrew's birthday was on Sunday... I'm a little slow in sharing that bit of information. I think Andrew is probably grateful I'm slow. He's not the type to want fanfare from people. So, in typical Andrew fashion, we had dinner and ice cream cake- just the five of us. It was lots of fun. The girls were far more excited than he was. Alexa went through the drawer that has the candles and tried to count out 30. Luckily we only had 26, so we just stuck three on top of the cake and called it good. All the girls sat on his lap and helped blow them out. Andrew and I went out for dinner on Friday night to celebrate early. Thanks to Michelle for watching all the girls. We went to Made in Brazil, which is just off Sunset. (Is that what it is called??) Anyone who hasn't been there, we highly recommend it. It was really busy and we heard the wait can get crazy, but we loved it. How is is possible that we are getting old?! I remember thinking 30 seemed far away and here it is. I'm welcoming our 30's with open arms- may they be even better than our 20's. Happy Birthday, Andrew!! We love you!

5 comments:

Judie and George said...

This looks like a fun birthday! And I am glad you got to go out for it too. Andrew is a lucky man to have so many adoring daughters!

Honor said...

All of you girls look the same ... don't you think?

emily :) said...

I'm finally getting back into the blogging world! Just wanted to say that I love that baby count down thingy!! What a fund idea!

I'm so anxious to see you in a couple weeks! BTW, happy birthday Andrew!!

Tracey said...

Happy Birthday Andrew!! I remember laughing at people who didn't want to say how old they are because it's such a silly idea and now here I am, dreading being 30 because I still feel 20. I took Hayden to his first soccer practice and his coaches are these two young marines. We had a nice time talking about the season and getting to know them, it wasn't until I was leaving that I realized that they were calling me ma'am and probably seeing me as an old mom...ugh... we aren't old yet!!!

Lauren said...

Yes I know Susann. I baby sat some of her kids until she moved. She was the best advisor. Tell her hello for me. I've heard the same about alaska. I'm excited and nervous. I hope the ward is solid and that I meet some friends. I doubt I can ever meet such a close group of friends we had in college though. PS I hope andrew had a great b-day (30, right?).