Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to Honor!

Today is my sister Honor's birthday. She is about a year and half older than me, which basically means we hated each other growing up. We fought over everything- she hated me following her around, doing anything the same as her, and really wanted to have as little to do with me as possible. Do you blame her? :) It wasn't till she moved away after she graduated from High School that we began to tolerate each other. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? And now she is one of my very best friends. We talk on the phone to each other everyday- sometimes more than once a day if the need arises... She listens to me whine and complain about my kids, gives advice when I need it, has great book recommendations, and makes the best desserts of anyone I know. We have been pregnant together twice, which is great because we can talk and compare notes on what is going on. She has four little girls- between the two of us, we make up over half the girl grandchildren population for my parents. I love that she loves my little girls as her own and treats them as such. Honor frequently knows things about my life before anyone else (much to Andrew's irritation- but, when you need to talk and he's at work, what do you do??) Honor truly is the best sister anyone could have. I am so blessed to have her... even if it took us eighteen years to realize what we had.
This is Honor and her husband, Matt. Isn't she pretty?

3 comments:

Honor said...

I didn't hate you ... just thought you were annoying. I love and need you now, so that's good.

you're too kind with all you said. thanks.

Judie and George said...

I always wanted a sister, but I only got one brother. We used to fight a lot. We were just 16 months apart and there was a lot of competition. I am glad that since I didn't get a sis for myself, I did a good job of providing sisters for all of you! I guess I had a little help, but the bulk of the labor was mine, as it always is for the Moms of this world.

The Foisy's said...

You are such a nice sister! I sure miss you visiting me. I think about the old neighborhood all the time and wish I would have hung out more! You guys are too cute. We miss you!