Thursday, November 1, 2007

I really thought I had enough this year....

So, we live in a fairly large neighborhood... completely flat streets, houses fairly close together. You know what that means for Halloween, right? Last year I bought six bags of candy, thinking it would be plenty. I ran out faster than I could have imagined and had to turn my lights out so people would stop knocking. This year I totally thought I was prepared: ten bags of candy. It had to be enough, right? I was way off again... where do these kids come from?! I didn't even recognize half the kids that I gave candy to. And, when I was finally out I turned off our porch lights and closed the blinds in the windows by the front door. Did that stop them from ringing and knocking? Nope. I bet I had twenty kids come to the door after all my "I'm out of candy" precautions were taken. Some of them were persistent little buggers. I actually had to open the door to get them to stop knocking. Now, isn't there some kind of unwritten Trick-or-Treating rule that states if the porch light is off, you don't knock? Maybe I just grew up in a different time, different place. So, my resolve for next year is to buy 15 bags of candy... and one really big bag of lollipops- to be on the safe side.

4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

That's a lot of candy. And you definitely took the no candy/knocking precautions. So where are the pictures of your girls? :)

Wendy said...

That's a lot of trick-or-treaters! And yes, there is an unwritten rule that everyone should abide by--if the porch light is off, don't knock on the door! Some people's kids!!! Just kidding. Cute blog, by the way. I had to laugh at your comment about how you would be happy if you could just go to the bathroom by yourself! I feel like that now and I have only Clara following me around. I guess I'm in trouble!

elonna said...

I think you got all of our trick-or-treaters! We got 1 trick-or-treater. Yeah that is pretty sad. We really don't have many young kids in our neighborhood. We left our house for a couple hours too.

Amie said...

We ran out of candy at the ward trunk-or-treat. I spent between $15 and $20 on candy and we were out in a half hour. So many kids. I think I'm going with jolly ranchers or dum dum suckers next year. Small and easy to buy in bulk.