Sunday, November 11, 2007

Daylight Savings


Can I tell you much I despise the whole "falling back" part of daylight savings? It totally messes with my kids heads and ruins their schedules. It has been a week and we are still fighting with keeping our kids awake till a decent hour to put them to bed... and on the flip side they are awake BEFORE the crack of dawn. So, tonight we were watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition (my kids like Ty... go figure), and twenty minutes into the show Callie says, "Is Ty over yet?" Our kids go to bed at 8:00, which is when the show is over, and they know that. So, we told her no and kept watching. She was sitting in a chair by the TV so we couldn't really see her well. A few minutes later Andrew asked her a question, to which she gave no response. And the picture shows what we found. Not even 7:30 and the child can't even keep her eyes open. We keep hoping this time thing will work itself out for our kids..... I hope it doesn't take much longer.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Good luck Cori, sleep is the most wonderful and the most frustrating thing about kids!!! I love that they like watching Ty, he's awesome. I can totally picture Alexa giving a great monologue about how cool he is! Next time I see her I will have to tell her about when I went to the Opera Show and he was the guest, it was such a small studio I really felt like I "met" him. Totally cool. You and Andrew should come visit after Christmas. My family leaves on the 26th and Tom has the rest of the week off... we'd love to have you!

Coordination Queen said...

She is so cute! I hear ya about the messed up sleep schedules. We forgot about it in our house, until Jake checked the computer. :)

Amie said...

Alexa is so cute. Too bad about the getting up early part. You'll have to tell me how long it takes to get them adjusted. (Oh and we live in Lynnwood.)