Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Forgot to Mention...

So, anyone who knows me knows that I hate doing hair. I despise it. It is totally ironic that I ended up with three girls who need their hair done everyday... actually, I only do their hair if we are going somewhere. :) So, imagine my disappointment when Alexa tells me that for the first day of school she wants a french braid to travel around her head and end in a bun with a flower. SERIOUSLY?! I took several deep breaths and told her we'd have to practice the night before school started and see how it went. And, that we needed a backup plan... just in case. These pictures are proof that miracles do exist. I figured it out and made it look good enough that she was happy with it. And, it stayed in all day with not much hair spray! I took these pictures after dinner on the first day of school and it still looked decent. So, I just had to document my accomplishment to prove that I'm not a complete loser of a mom when it comes to hair.









4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

She is adorable. You did a fabulous job on her hair. Kylie won't let me near her hair with anything other than a hairbrush unless she is threatened. But at least she'll let me near her with a hairbrush now... :)

Honor said...

i'm seriously impressed. that is not anywhere near the realm of skills that i posess. i think my kids have too much hair to even attempe such a thing.

nice job!!

Charlotta-love said...

I'm sure you made her day. I remember asking my mom to do my hair in crazy braids also. I loved having her do my hair. It looks great!

Melissa said...

I am so impressed! It looks adorable!