Friday, May 13, 2011

Random Shots

These are just a few pictures of random things that have happened in the last few months:
It is a rare thing for my kids to get up and not immediately wake me up. Typically on the weekends I am woken up by someone tapping my face, pulling on my feet, or some other obnoxious form of torture they choose to inflict upon me. Yes, they are rude. I just can't seem to break them of it. Well, the picture above was truly a remarkable morning. I got up and all four of my kids were in the living room watching The Food Network. Ahh... I have taught them well.


Quinten is doing really well in his new bed. He loves the bunk beds and loves, loves, loves his new Cars bedding. I'm not a fan of character bedding, I'll be honest with you. However, this has been the best idea I ever came up with. Every night he lays on his bed and smiles because he sleeps on Mack and McQueen. So, we will live with character bedding until I can't stand it anymore just because it makes my boy happy.





I would imagine everyone celebrates Dr. Seuss week at their school, right?? This happened to be hat day and I thought they were so cute that I took a picture. It's always fun to see my non-school kids get excited about what is going on at the elementary school. Poor Quinten wears more girlie things than he should. This hat was leopard print and was about 18 inches tall- it's just bent over in the picture.


Callie started soccer this year. I think this was before her first practice. You know the drill for this age: they travel in a herd on the field, sometimes someone gets a shot off, and typically you end with a losing record at the end of the season. Callie was no exception. There are always a couple girls who look like they know what they are doing, but everyone else just runs around. It will be intersting to see if she wants to stick with this or not.


Alexa is a different story: she's getting really good, her team was undefeated and they finally look like they know what they are doing. Her games are more exciting than Callie's. :) Alexa is small- usually the smallest on the team. However, she is faster than anyone out there and that is what makes her good. And, she has a killer power kick. She is also a bad loser and wants no critique from us EVER. We keep trying to tell her that is what a coach does- they tell you what you are doing wrong so you can get better. She doesn't believe us yet. It's been a lot of fun seeing her improve and enjoying it as she goes.


I am kind of glad to have the summer off before we start in with another fall season. With two girls playing, it really has eaten up our Saturdays. Their games were never at the same time, of course, so we were going back and forth. And Thursday practices for both of them were ridiculous: different times at different fields. We live in the car on Thursday evenings. It was always a relief when Andrew would call and say he was on his way home from work and would get one girl or the other.

4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

He's really old enough to sleep in a big boy bed? That is crazy.

Heather said...

I love that your kids were watching the food network. Just wait til' Quinten is watching sports center in the morning. You know it's inevitable with Andrew as his Dad!!! I keep finding Carter out in the morning watching sports center all by himself.

CLUFF FAMILY said...

The food network? Well, you know you don't have to worry about language, nudity, violence or swearing! Cute bed. Good job Quinten

Melissa said...

I love that Alexa is so good at socer and that she doesn't take the critique~ that's how I am with sports...except the really good part! You're kids are growing so fast. Why don't you send them all up for a week this summer... I miss them! How are the new neighbors?