Friday, May 13, 2011

Latest Happenings

I am a total loser when it comes to blogging. I just can't manage to get it done. And I picked the lousiest time to start again. May and June are typically two of our busiest months- we've got end of the year programs and parties, field trips, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Leah, Quinten, Callie, and my birthdays, and we usually get ready to head to Washington for a few weeks towards the end of June. Soccer went a few weeks longer than normal this year, so we've just barely finished with that. I've just completely cut out swimming lessons till the end of the summer because I can't find the time... or maybe I just don't want to make the time. :) My final disclaimer is this: I'm feeling computer illiterate this week. I've started this post a few times and can't get my pictures to turn the right direction. Sorry. I'm just posting them anyway or I will never get anything on here. And, it make take several posts to catch up- I've just got to get these pictures on so I can stop hearing nagging voices in my head!!
These pictures are of Valentine's Day. Quinten's gift was a Thomas train that says wonderful phrases, such as: "I'm a really useful engine!" Yeah, it's gotten old since this picture was taken.




Don't you just love morning pictures?? Everyone has such tired eyes. :) We ate heart shaped donuts with pink frosting for breakfast- the girls were in heaven because we don't typically eat donuts for breakfast- at least not the kind with frosting....




The girls each got fleece balnkets with different heart patterns and a heart shaped fleece pillow. You'll notice Leah is wearing St. Patrick's Day pajamas... not sure how that happened.




I'm not typically a Valentine's Day fan. It's kind of a useless holiday, in my opinion. (Sorry to all you lovers of the infamous day.) However, I've recently decided that just because I'm not a fan doesn't mean I should push my opinions on my children. I'm trying to let them decide for themselves; and, in order to do that, I'm making the effort to celebrate all the "useless" holidays- even if it is with something simple. Donuts and gifts?? It works.

2 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Hearing voices in your head is never good...

:) Do you remember that year that we turned the living room pink? With out blankets?

My kids don't get gifts. Or donuts. We do a family candlelight dinner with fondue.

Kristen said...

Jenny and I just did a picnic with Brittany and her kids - fun! We were all saying that we need to do a big EJHS girls get-together the next time you are in town. So let us know!