Wednesday, March 11, 2009

LONG Overdue


I'm sure my mom thinks I forgot that I promised her this picture. I didn't forget- I was just trying to find a fun centerpiece to make the picture look better... I failed miserably because as you all know, I hate decorating. It's not my thing. It probably never will be. Instead you all get to see my fruit. ANYWAY... Some of the fun of having my parents here for Christmas was getting to shop for a new dining room table. Our old table was great when we got it- it fit perfectly in our kitchen of the townhouse we were living in... it was great when there were three of us... it was OK when there were four of us.... but now that Leah refuses to sit in her high chair, it just doesn't work anymore. So, my parents helped us get a new one while they were here. Through a random course of events, we had eight chairs for our old table. We decided to keep them rather than buy new ones. Eventually I will get around to painting them so they go with the table... I just haven't been that ambitious yet. So, Mom- here it is... it's great, we love it... we mostly love that we all fit around it. :)

6 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Like the new table! I love getting new furniture.

Lyndsi said...

Hey let me know when you are painting them and I can come over and help you! I like the new table!

Tracey said...

The table looks awesome, so much space!! I like your picture, the little bump is very cute. I can't believe you're 27 weeks. Wow! I"m getting over a bout with the stomach flu and feel pregnant so I keep thinking of you. I'm glad you have such an awesome doctor, that makes everything so much better! Is Alexa liking her new room? I can imagine she really has an opinion on the subject! Congrats on boxing up the baby girl stuff, I know you're tired but there really is something to be said about entering that phase in life of raising your children instead of bearing your children- the grass is always greener on the other side isn't it? :) When I visit summer of 2010 I'll be watching you run a marathon because I'll probably be pregnant then!

Melissa said...

I love the table! I'm with Lyndsi on the painting. Let me know when you want it done...you can't paint prego, but Lyndsi and I could have a blast! I really would love too!

Camille said...

Cute table! I want a new one, too.

emily :) said...

Looks great! I love it :) We are in market for a new table too! We would love a table that could fit a few more people...currently our table only has 2 extra seats (however the children have busted 2 of our chairs so we only have 6), and since it is a high gathering table we can't use any other chairs to cram people in around! I'm currently saving for one...it may take a couple more years though at the rate I'm going! Where did you get yours?...I really love it!