Thursday, January 22, 2009

Where did the time go??


I can hardly believe it's been nearly seven weeks since I posted my last pregnancy picture. Time goes far too quickly when you are trying to keep it as slow as possible. I am 20 weeks today. Half way... how can that be?! I finally felt the baby kick last week. It was about time- I was starting to wonder. I feel great other than the normal wear and tear of a pregnancy, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I have found that with each pregnancy, I feel a little older, my body feels a little more run down, and I get tired much faster than I used to. My kids are tired of hearing me say, "I just need to sit for a minute". And poor Leah- I think she already knows her end is in sight. She is more clingy with each passing day and I trip over her continuously because she follows me EVERYWHERE. Someday I will be glad my kids are so close in age. (I tell myself that in hopes it will make me feel better.) I hope they will be friends like my brothers and sisters and I were.
On Monday we have our ultrasound. I think everyone else is looking forward to it more than me. I don't care whether it's a girl or a boy. I could probably go another six weeks and not know or care. I want the baby to be healthy. Nothing else really matters. I'm sure I'll put a post on once we know... or maybe I'll make you all wait another six weeks just for the fun of it. :) So, any guesses?? I think it's a girl- it feels very much the same as the others. Andrew doesn't say one way or the other. We have a bunch of people who think a boy is in our future. We don't really care. We know girls- we are happy with girls. It simplifies our lives to have another girl. Either way, we will be excited.
*Ignore my kids' messy bathroom in the picture. The counters are too high in my bathroom to see my stomach and their bathroom was in desperate need of a cleaning. Can you see the toothpaste in the sink? Disgusting, I know.

5 comments:

Rach_Spencer said...

Cori are you sure there is a baby in there? 20 weeks? I'm excited to know if you have a boy or girl. I can see how it would make life a little simpler if it's a girl but a boy might mix things up just the right amount. Who knows? I could never tell--some people say they know but I never did.

Melissa said...

I agree...you're much too skinny to be preggers. I have more of a pooch than you do. I can't wait to find out what you're having, though! We have 1 boy and 4 girls in my family, so everyone always speculated it was a boy because my parents kept having girls. They were like you, they didn't care. I'm sure they wouldn't have minded another boy, but it's hard to think that when you're looking at your baby...I'm just guessing on that part. :)

Coordination Queen said...

The way I look right now is probably how you look right before you have your babies... :) I'm excited to know what you'll be having. I kind of want you to have a girl. A house full of girls is crazy but tons of fun. And your sisters turn out to be your best friends.

The Foisy's said...

K you are still skinny, skinny!! You look great! I know, I've always heard with each pregnancy, you just feel worse. I don't look forward to that because I felt like crap with aves!

Alison said...

You know you are having your fourth child when the only time there is a belly picture taken of you it is by you. Good luck on Monday. I'm guessing it's a boy since you've guessed wrong on all your other pregnancies.